Monday, March 29, 2004

Today I'm going to Phebie's with my bi-polar student. She's driving so I hope she remembers to take her meds. She's been wanting to go to Velona's so if she's feeling stable we may do that as well.

It's not like I really need any yarn but it is always a good idea to see what's out there. We're still getting things set up at Skein. Some new shelving is in place so Ann Mary has been bringing out some of the new yarns and there's room for more, as soon as it arrives. One of my favorites is Karabella's Breeze. It's 40% cashmere and 60% silk. Very soft and light. I'm making a poncho shop sample with it. The label calls for a size 4US but I'm using a 13 so it's a very stringy looking thing. Seems like the stringy look is in. And holes all over the place.

I'm also making my first pair of toe-up socks using this pattern that I got from Rob's weekly Threadbear newletter. (Click on Free Patterns and scroll down.) It's too soon to post a photo but so far it's looking pretty good. I'm not really happy with how the M1 increases look but maybe the second sock will be better. I'm using some yarn that a friend gave me, the elann Colori from their Sock It to Me Collection. I've only used size 1US needles once before. It sure makes the size 2s feel big. That's the other pair of socks I'm working on.

So, I have a new work schedule. I'll be at Skein from 11 to 4, Tuesday through Friday and 10 to 6 on Saturday. At least for a while. We're still trying to figure out the best combination. The traffic pattern at the new location is much different from what it was at the old address. Since I don't want to work full time these hours will cover the peak times.

No comments: