Friday, March 12, 2004

Workin' retail

I'd forgotten how tiring it can be to work in retail sales. All day running around, being cheerful, listening to the same questions and comments all day, and for the moment, trying to find where that yarn is that you know you have but don't know which shelf it's on or which still unpacked box it might be in. Yesterday we had a couple of Ann Mary's friends to help with getting stuff out and on display but today it was just the two of us. I had a couple of students that came in at about the same time so I could work with both of them at the same time so I wasn't tied up as much as I was yesterday. Most of the day I was workin' the floor.

Seems I've forgotten to let everyone know exactly where the new shop is, so here's the address:

1101 E. Walnut Ave. (corner of Walnut and Wilson)
Pasadena CA 91106

626-577-2035

The shop hours are:

T, Th, F, Sat 10 to 6
W 10 to 8
Sun 1 to 4 (but only until the end of March. After that no Sunday hours until Nov.)
Closed Monday

It looks like I'll be working the whole day from now until the end of March. After that I'm going to cut back on my hours. I must remember I'm retired. I did walk this morning but tonight when Ann Mary offered me a ride I snapped it up.

So I didn't get a whole lot of knitting time today. Finished the heel flap on the second denim sock while I worked with my two students. I'll try to do a little more tonight but I want to start filling some of the plastic boxes that Mendy has donated for my stash organization effort. It'll be fun to see what's in some of the cardboard boxes and platic bags.

No comments: