Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Rats! Double rats!

I am really upset. I've been very good about sticking to just one project at a time. (Even though I've been urged and given permission by a number of people to start something else.) So I finished the first sleeve on my simple cotton sweater. I've been following a pattern I created using Sweater Wizard.

The sleeve is barely long enough and it's no where near wide enough. Rats! I decided to change the armhole depth after I started the sweater. I put the change into Sweater Wizard and it recalculated the number of stitches I needed to pick up. What I didn't notice was that the program did not recalculate the rate of decrease. So I have too many decreases. Rats!

I've had a few other problems with Sweater Wizard. I guess I'll just have to check the patterns more carefully. I use this program to rewrite patterns for customers. I haven't had anyone come back and complain.

So I'm going to rip the entire sleeve and start over. But I'm going to start a new pair of socks before I do that. I need a break.

No comments: