Sunday, November 09, 2003

Catching up

Or trying to. I'm in that two steps forward, one step back place that sometimes happens to me. Seems like every project I have tried to work on recently has had something that needed to be redone.

Beginning with the sweater that I'm still thinking about starting over. The sleeve was not only too tight and too short but I think the whole sweater is too small. Trying to decide if I care enough to rip the whole thing and start over.

Then I started a new pair of socks. The first one had to be started over. I thought it looked too big. The yarn calls for size 3 needles and I got the gauge but the pattern I'm using seems to have too many stitches for the size I want to make. So I've started that over and am back past the point where I decided to rip it out. And it does look better.

Then I started a simple hat. I finished most of it this morning and have run out of yarn. I'm using Encore held together with a strand of Stars, a furry, glitzy yarn. Ann Mary said she make a hat with one skein of the Stars. No way would I be able to do that. So I have to decide how to reknit it so the Stars will be enough. There isn't anymore of the color I'm using. I'm thinking I'll just stripe it. At any rate I'll have to rip a large part of it.

It was a hectic day at Skein yesterday. I had students almost the whole day plus the floor was busy from the time the store opened. Today was a little calmer but still busy. I didn't have time to touch the shop sample shawl either day. But at least I didn't have to take it apart.