Monday, November 03, 2003

Oops!

I really didn't mean to do it. And of course I apologized profusely. And I feel just terrible. I accidentally knocked over a cup of coffee onto a customer's little baby sweater project. I'm hoping that Ann Mary's intervention, washing it right away, will prevent any stains. If there are any Ann Mary will replace the yarn. I may reknit the portion that had already been done, if that's what the knitter wants.

Fortunately the customer is someone I've known for a long time. She was a customer at Mariposa when they were still in Pasadena so that's probably ten years. I know she knows it was an accident. But she said, I'm sure in jest, that I owe her the knitting of two sweaters. And that she has two grandsons that are lawyers.

Oh, well. As the dentist said this morning, sometimes there are complications and unintended things happen. Oops! The extraction was painless but in the process the porcelain crown on the adjacent tooth was damaged and part of it came off. Haven't been able to really examine the damage as I'm still sporting a huge wad of gauze where I used to have a tooth. I'll be getting a new crown, probably as part of a partial that will replace all those missing teeth. I don't have to go back for a couple of weeks. I'll really be happy when this is over.

In much happier news. Lisa came over last night. Hadn't seen her in a while. Can't tell you how good it feels to have her visit. We shared a bottle of wine and went to my local Mexican restaurant. What a good time I had! I showed her the poncho progress. She's really excited about it which makes me feel good. Now I feel more like pushing to get it done.

The weather is perfect for a heavy wool poncho. And it's raining on top of that. I'm cooking some pasta for lunch. It's supposed to be al dente but that seems a little ludicrous given the condition of my denti.

No comments: