Thursday, February 06, 2003

This is the kind of day that makes Southern California famous. The sky is so blue and the palm trees are being stirred by a pretty nice breeze (coming out of the East, which is unusual) and the air is so clear that I can actually see the mountains north of Pasadena, a pretty rare occurence. The last I checked the temperature is in the high 60s. Pretty nice stuff. On the down side. The air is so dry that the static electricity is almost lethal. Every time I touch anything it sets off blue sparks. Crackling sounds coming from the laundry I was folding. But there is talk of rain for the weekend. We'll just have to wait and see.

A fairly quiet day at Skein yesterday. I spent most of the afternoon working on the fluffy pink Eskimo scarf. Stockinette probably is faster to knit than cables but it sure doesn't seem like it. I meant to work on my cabled raglan last night but a couple of long phone calls took care of most of my available time. Maybe I'll have time later this afternoon.

Have you seen the newest Interweave Knits? There's a "racoon" jacket in there, designed by Annie. There's a small picture of it on her blog today. Check it out, if you haven't already. I need to find the yarn or a good substitute. I will make this jacket!

No comments: