Wednesday, February 12, 2003

I got my final subscription copy of Vogue Knitting yesterday. While there are some interesting things in it I don't actually know any 90 pound teen age girls that I will be knitting for. I thought some of the things looked familiar and then I discovered they were linking to the past, early 80s stuff. And the lace pants (weren't they called Capris in the olden days?) are a little too much. A trip to Frederick's may be in order.

Anyway, this is the end of my subscription to Vogue Knitting. I have all the issues for the past 19 years and that's enough. Most of the time I've liked the magazine. Just moving in another direction. Not to mention I have enough UFOs to keep me busy for the next year or so.

There was just an emergency broadcast on the radio. Something about flood conditions in Los Angeles County throughout the day. Well, we did ask for rain! It doesn't seem to be flooding here but there's plenty of water flowing down the streets. I hope everyone is safe. Time to go to Skein.

No comments: