Wednesday, May 15, 2002

I went to Skein today just for something to do and ran into an old friend that I used to knit one of a kind sweaters for. We had a really nice time catching up. And then, as she was leaving, the yarn rep for Rowan came in. This is another lady I knew in the past. The last time I saw her was when she brought Kaffe Fassett for a book signing probably seven years ago. So another good time catching up.

Then, she showed us all the new yarns for fall 2002 from Rowan, Jaeger, Tahki, Filatura di Crosi and Stacy Charles. Wow! And I thought it couldn't get any better than it already is. I ordered 20 skeins of the Rowan Summer Tweed in one of the new colors, a very dark green, almost black. This won't be available until the fall but I already have plenty to do so I can wait. The colors and textures are so terrific. Some of the yarns are too heavy for Southern California but most of what we saw was wonderful. Too bad we couldn't buy everything. Lots of new patterns that will knock your handknit socks right off, too.

There's a pattern in the new Knitter's Magazine that uses Colinette's Wigwam. It's a top and cardigan set. I've had 18 skeins of this yarn for at least 10 years that I've never seen a pattern for, that I liked anyway. And I think this one is it. So that's my justification for having such a huge stash. When you see something you like, and it's also on sale, go ahead a buy it if you can. You'll find a match eventually.

No comments: