Saturday, May 18, 2002

I don't know if I should take the credit/blame for Ann Mary (Skein owner) buying the Trendsetter Blossom yarn. I think this stuff is miserable to work with. I'm now on my fourth attempt to knit a shop sample and am really getting to hate this yarn. I sure hope the sample sells the yarn. I finally modified the pattern so it will have minimal finishing but the process of getting to that point is gruelling.

I was so busy today at Skein that I didn't even notice that we were having a good day. Brand new student, new knitter, waiting for me at the door when I got there. She's gonna be fine. We had a lot of time together so we had a good time chatting about her interests etc. The rest of the day was spent with regular customers who came in for some help and hand holding. Another customer from the past came in and told me about a knitting group that meets in the local library on Thursday afternoons. And has been for years. I've never heard about them. So maybe this week I'll drop in and see if there's anyone there that I know.

Just heard that the restaurant at the bowling alley where I bowl every Thursday night had a serious fire this morning. (Don't know why I think this is interesting.) Anyway, we have a couple of weeks off before the start of the new league. I hope they get it cleaned up before then.

I want my Rowan Summer Tweed but it's not available until August. I might just have to buy another color so I can work with it.

I made flan tonight. First time ever. I think it's going to be a disaster. I think I overcooked the caramel and it turned into a Big Daddy sucker. Hope it comes out of the cups.

No comments: