Tuesday, July 13, 2004

The air is on

and I'm just waiting to feel the effects. I should have left it on this morning but I forgot that it was going to be so hot. I hope Patrick will forgive me.

I haven't heard any more about the fire except that it was put out fairly quickly, relatively speaking. There appeared to be another fire the next day but it turned out to be a house, not a brush fire. The speculation is that it was a meth factory that blew up. I'm waiting to hear on that.

I spent a large portion of yesterday working on the mañanita shawl. I finally stopped because both of my wrists were aching. They seem okay today. I started another row this morning but kept messing up the pattern repeat so I'll try again tonight. It's hard to stay on track when your cat keeps talking to you.

Busy day today at Skein. I went in an hour early because I was expecting my bi-polar student. Haven't seen her in a few weeks. She was there and ready to go. She gave me five balls of Gedifra Barocco to play with.



She said she thought she had some more at home somewhere and that she just couldn't work with it. It has a thin central core with tufts and strips of fabric attached. I've no idea what I'll do with it but I do have the Gedifra book that featured this yarn last year.


No comments: