Wednesday, May 19, 2004

So, what's in the box?



Here's one of the first boxes I filled with stash. It's probably been eight to ten years since I closed it and put it in a corner of my yarn room. So I had no idea what was in it.



First view of what's inside.



Fourteen skeins of Jacques Fonty worsted tweed. I have no idea of who Jacques Fonty is or was. I think this was for a sweater for me. And there are ten skeins of Tahki Tweedy Lamb. I found another bag of ten after I took this picture. I don't remember buying this yarn but there's plenty for a sweater for Lisa.



Seven skeins of worsted weight alpaca. I don't know what I'll do with this. Eighteen skeins of a chunky tweed. I remember buying this at Village Needleworks, a long out of business shop in Glendale. And three skeins of red merino, left over from a sweater I wore two times and put away for good. It pilled like crazy.



A hank of Lorna's Laces worsted weight, wound into a ball and a cake. Some Kid'n'Ewe left overs from a fairisle project. Three balls of microfiber from Unger. Are they still in business? Three balls of Crystal Palace Cotton Flamme. And five balls of Grinasco Flamingo that I got on sale.

One of our Thursday night group is putting together a yarn redistribution basket. I'm trying to decide what and if I can part with anything. Maybe the alpaca. And perhaps the Flamingo. I still have three more boxes that I packed at the same time to open. Maybe there'll be something in there.

No comments: