Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stacked Wedges

Gray or grey. Either is correct according to my sources. Spellcheck, however, seems to think that grey is incorrect. Whatever. Spellcheck itself comes up as a spelling error.

This is an in progress shot of my current Stacked Wedges scarf from Knitting New Scarves. I'm about half way through. I had thought I'd be short of yarn but it looks like I'm going to have just the right amount. I'm not sure what this yarn is since I seem to have lost or misplaced the labels. Sometimes I think it's Cascade 220 and sometimes I think it's Farmhouse Yarns worsted. I'm more inclined to think it's the latter since it feels a lot more scratchy than Cascade.

And it's in my favorite non-color, gray (or grey). And it's tweed. What's not to like? And it's really an easy knit. You just have to keep track of how many garter stitch rows you've worked between wedges. The wedges themselves are just a series of short rows with wrap and turn. I'm not doing the pick up wraps though since I think they show too much and the garter stitch pretty much obscures the wraps anyway.

I joined the knit-a-long. I'm waiting to see if anyone else does.

4 comments:

Monika said...

I can't believe how fast you knit scarves! Do you know the link to the KAL for the scarf book? I haven't seen the book yet, and would love to see some of the scarves in it.

Love This Space said...

Grey is the British spelling. Although I tend to always spell it that way because I have greyhounds.

We could also try tonnes and colour. I know there are others. They seem to insert extra letters in quite a few words.

Bess said...

I always use grey - in memory of Lady Jane Grey.

And Elizabeth Zimmermann says don't bother picking up the wraps in garter stitch, too.

Temperance said...

don't forget plow and plough (says the farm girl) the scarf though is lovely. I am thinking short rows are better all the time.