Monday, November 26, 2007

Once more with no photos

So the big holiday weekend is a memory. It's been nothing but food, food, food since Thursday, including brunch at Acapulco yesterday. Still recovering from that. And a fantastic dinner on Friday night at Brigante's in South Pasadena. Thanks, Chris, for the early Christmas present. And to Andy for joining us and providing lots of laughter.

I did get some knitting done. I actually finished the Chevron Scarf that I've been working on since September. I need to press is and then I'll be able to show it off. I also made a lot of progress on the Parallelograms scarf yesterday. My daughter was here for most of the day and instead of going to the movies we sat and worked on our various projects. She doesn't knit and doesn't want to learn. Instead she's carefully ripping the seams of a stack of jeans that she's accumulated so she can one day convert the pieces into a funky quilt or wall hanging. Anyway, it was a great afternoon and evening just sitting quietly together and occasionally making some comment or telling about something that happened or plans for the coming holidays.

I had to rush around frantically on Sunday morning to get the house into some kind of tidiness. I was supposed to do that on Saturday but instead chose to go to Unraveled for the afternoon, partly avoidance and partly to help my friend Susan with a problem she was having with her current project. I may see her again later today and see how she's progressing.

Coming soon to a yarn shop near you! Provided you live in the Pasadena/San Marino area. A Stitch in Time will have it's mid-winter sale starting a week from today. Including all knitting yarns and needlepoint canvases. I think the discount is 35%. And for the first time ever knitting needles and knitting books will be included. Even though I'm never going to buy yarn again there are a few things that will be coming home with me, just in case there's never any more yarn.

3 comments:

Bess said...

"Even though I'm never going to buy yarn again"

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I love a good joke.

Monika said...

Never buy yarn again, that one tickled me! :O)
I've bought way too much yarn and fiber lately. I think it's that November is my B-day month and Christmas is coming up, so I help others to give me gifts I really enjoy! :o) At least that's my excuse.

dragon knitter said...

i misread that as "i'm never going to buy yarn there again." lol!

yeah, right, larry, you're just as bad as the rest of us!