Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It might have been the jalapeños

Or maybe it was the two double margaritas. But I was really glad to have the cat wake me up at four this morning. What a lot of grisly, depressing and maudlin dreams.

My friend Th came by Unraveled yesterday afternoon and suggested we go somewhere that would allow us to have a drink before we went to our Tuesday night charity knitting. So we went to Rudy's Mexican Restaurant. I'd never been there but had heard a lot about it, some good, some not so good.

If you get there during Happy Hour, and sit in the cantina, you get great prices on margaritas plus free, all-you-can-eat enchiladas and tacos. The margaritas were tasty and the food was good.

We went to Mendy's for knitting and I managed to finish a hat I had started a couple of weeks ago. And we had some lemon curd cheese cake. (I think that what it was called.) It was delicious. Maybe it was the chocolate ice cream and not the other stuff.

So. I don't have any new knitting to show today. I'm still working on the Stacked Wedges scarf and have wound the yarn for my next project. This is a down day for me, meaning I don't have anywhere that I have to go, or anything to take me away from my knitting. I realized yesterday that I have about three weeks left to finish my holiday gifts for the knitting group. I need to take an inventory and see how much I have left to do. Maybe not. I'm already stressed enough.

No comments: