Friday, November 02, 2007

No picture Friday

I thought I'd have a photo of my new yarn today. I just can't get anything near what the yarn really looks like. There's no sunlight here today, or not as yet. But I can tell you about it.

First off, it was a gift from my friend L (of L&H fame)because I drove yesterday when we went to Purl Soho's warehouse. It's 100% merino super-wash in a color way called Strawberry Switchblade. Lotus Yarns is the producer. (The link on the label doesn't seem to work.) I assume that's just the dying and packaging. It's a multi-color of strawberry, pink, bright lime green and what looks like a burgundy. (What I got in the photos I took was bright chartreuse and shocking pink magenta.) Anyway it's super-nice.

We had a good time. The traffic was pretty easy except for a short stretch on the way home. We had a good visit over lunch and while we drove. The ladies at Purl Soho are helpful and friendly. The selection is top-notch. Saw a new yarn from a new company, The Sheep Shop, well it was new to me. I wanted some of their stuff but I wasn't buying anything. Maybe next time.

I only bought a copy of the IK Holiday 2007 magazine. If anyone says I bought any Koigu I will deny it. But I did find out that my credit card still works.

4 comments:

mehitabel said...

I love Lotus Yarns! Melanie does gorgeous things with color and picks the nicest base yarns,too. I've got several hanks of her yarns--including some Aura, which has real silver threads in it. Just yummy! Her site is at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5137849

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

My silence can be bought for a price...imagine that you're hearing maniacal laughter...

unraveledgal said...

I think I have heard that laughter somewhere recently....could it be??