Monday, July 30, 2007

Losin' it

Having Mexican food for dinner is probably not the best way to lose weight. But when three not to be missed opportunities present themselves all in one week, well, let's just say I won't need any chips and salsa until at least Wednesday. Even though two of the dinners were salads there's just no way that eating all that lettuce can compensate for the goodies that came with it. And the margaritas too. But it was all fun even though I'm going to be doubling up on the Slim Fast for the foreseeable future.

I've made progress on the MS3. I'm up to row 227. I don't think I'll be ready for the next clue by Friday though. You see, I just got HP7. So that will be taking up most of my not at work time. I only meant to read the first chapter last night but somehow two hours later I had to put it down and get a little sleep. I barely remember going to bed.

I got my first subscription copy from Interweave Knits. It's the summer 2007 one. It's been in the stores for weeks already. I think I'd rather that my subscription started with the fall. Fortunately I hadn't already purchsed the summer issue. I showed a few of the patterns to my daughter and we agreed that they'd be nice to have. I think I have the yarn for one, or rather one I can substitute. I keep adding things to my list. It's like eating Mexican food. Just too good to pass up.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Viva la Margarita! How do you like Harry Potter. I am almost done with the dots.

Mauren Mureaux said...

I could eat Mexican food every day. Yum.

I finished HP today, well - yesterday, now. I had started rereading all of them, but never made it before the new book so i've gone back to book 4 now and will reread all the rest including 7 again.

Bess said...

Oh! Oh! how could you put it down?! I read straight through, except when I had to drive the car.Didn't get a lick of anything else done.

You'll like the ending.

mehitabel said...

Yum on the Mexican food! I've been having too much of it also, lately, and it just means I need to double up on the walking. Sigh. Like, maybe make it halfway to my daily goal?? MS3 is in time out, I may be frogging it and/or restarting in a different yarn. I'm not loving the merino laceweight.