Friday, April 06, 2007

Sic transit omnia


Just in case you're keeping track. I'm over half way done with the Spanish Dancer. Well, I'm more than half way through the yarn. The rows are now less than 200 stitches so that means I only have about 100 more rows to go until I finish the body of the shawl. Then the real fun begins.

Yesterday I learned of the passing of the husband of one of my friends. It wasn't unexpected. I did not know him well but I liked him and respected his abilities. And he was a great husband to my friend. I'll be going to a memorial get together for him in a couple of weeks. I expect I'll be reconnecting with lots of people from an earlier time in my life. I'm really bad about keeping track of people once I don't see them on a frequent basis.

I had my first official knitting consultation yesterday. I've been hired to advise and give my opinion for one of my sometime students who is starting an import business. It's too early in the game to know how it's going to go. She does have some good resources though and is quite enthusiastic about it. Consulting is a lot of fun. You get to tell people what you think needs to be done but you don't have to do any of the work yourself.

And on a final note. My answering machine has quit. I have to get a new phone/answering machine this weekend so I don't miss any of the sales pitches and handout requests. Or the political stuff. So if you're trying to reach me and my machine doesn't answer that means I'm not here. Please call again.

1 comment:

Mauren Mureaux said...

Aha! I was wondering why i couldn't get through when i called for my "Support a Knitter" campaign fund, pledge. Now i know! ;D