Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Haircut

There's really not much to report on the knitting front. I worked a bunch of rows on the Spanish Dancer shawl. And worked on the current Dulaan hat last night. I did meet up with some friends at Unraveled for a while yesterday and got to hear about a Valentina Devine workshop that sounded like it was good. So while I'm not in the doldrums I don't have much to report.

Yesterday morning while I was out for my walk I decided to stop for a haircut. There's a plain ol' barber shop near where I live so I thought I'd give it a try. I don't think I've ever had a worse haircut. Considering that I don't have much hair it's hard to imagine how I could get a bad haircut. For which I had to pay $12.00. The guy ahead of me had one of the funniest comb-overs I've seen. Very little on top but he had let the sides grow so that he had a fairly thick fringe that covered his ears. I don't know how the barber kept from laughing, or just cutting it all off. Anyway I don't think I'll be going back there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should say that - I took the kids to Fantastic Sams on Sunday to get cuts - both of them, esp. Darcy, were pretty much butchered.... arrrghghgh! I'm sure yours is fine, esp. by comparison!

Rena

Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh no. Nothing worse than a bad hair cut. It just makes you feel sort of not at your best, no? Any way of getting that adjusted?

mehitabel said...

Fear of bad haircuts--right up there on my scale along with earthquakes! I do have someone who does an excellent job now, considering what grows on my head doesn't give him much to work with. At least it will grow out!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your haircut, Larry. My Husband has had a few bad ones in his past, too.

Off the subject........ when is the deadline for your group to get the Dulaan hats sent? Maybe I can help, too?