Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Annual Amaryllis


Here it is at last. I know you've been wondering how my amaryllis is doing. Just fine, as you can see. I've lost track but I think this plant is now about seven years old, started from a the three what were in a Christmas basket sent to me by my sister. Doesn't seem to matter how much I neglect it. It just keeps on going.

I just finished the fifth skein of Koigu that I'm using for the Spanish Dancer shawl so that means I'm 62.5% done with the shawl or my supply of yarn at least. I'm beginning to get a little nervous. Fortunately, L (of L&H fame) has a skein of the same dye lot that she's willing to sell me and there's one more at Unraveled. I think I'll go ahead and get them while I can.

I'm off for my morning walk now. I'll stop by Target while I'm out and see what they have in the way of corded phones. I went on Sunday but they, and practically everyone else, were closed for Easter.

3 comments:

Mauren Mureaux said...

Wow! That is one gorgeous Amaryllis. Maybe there's hope for the one Deb's Mom is currently neglecting, afterall?

Anonymous said...

I'll bet that amaryllis is just beautiful when in full bloom. Up here in the backlands of the north, we buy them as single bulbs for winter forcing. I've have a couple I've kept for a few years, but none are as lush and healthy as yours.

dragon knitter said...

that flower is magnificent! i knew a woman, who could NEVER get an amaryllis to bloom. it would come up all leaves, put up a stalk, and then die. these were the winter forced ones as well.

i wanna see spanish dancer!

and why do you want a corded phone?