Friday, December 01, 2006

So. I finished the socks that I've been working on for the last few weeks. Picture after they're gifted later this month. I also started another pair using some bamboo sock yarn that I've tried several times before. I don't think I like working with bamboo all that much. Not much give and it splits and frays easily. I've only done the ribbing and the first two rows of the lace pattern so I'll wait until there's some visible progress to take a picture.

A nice leisurely day yesterday. Knitted until eleven the went to meet my friend Mendy for lunch. Stopped on the way to pick up my prescription at Kaiser and then to the property management company to drop off a check for my association fees. Went to the barber shop since I had some time before meeting Mendy. He was too slow so I left and walked across the street to The Peach. After lunch we went next door to Unraveled and had an impromptu sock knitting lesson.

Back to the barber shop and got my hair cut. Back to Unraveled and stayed there and knit and chatted until time to go to Thursday night knitting. Worked on my current multi-directional scarf.

It was really great to just be able to take my time and not be rushing to get somewhere.

Today starts the big sale at Stitch in Time. I'm curious to see how that goes. I went last year as a customer and it didn't seem all that frantic. So I hope I have time to work with a couple of people who have said they'd be in for a lesson.

No comments: