Monday, December 11, 2006


Roger's Gardens has lots of interesting things to see. I was especially tickled by this bank of ornamental cabbages. I'm tempted to get some and put them on my balcony but since it's already overcrowded out there I'll probably just forget it.

It was a beautiful, cool day. There was talk of rain but there wasn't any. Well, it did rain later that night but while we were out and about it was all sun, all the time.

A planter filled with anemones. You can see how sunny and bright it was.

There were lots of temptations. Rooms filled with every kind or tree ornament, wreathes, garlands, whimsical dishes. Just lots and lots of stuff. I don't want or need any more stuff but I love to look at it.

Holiday knitting proceeds apace. I spent half an hour looking for a size 8US, 16" circular. I know I have several but they're all hiding somewhere. So I'm using a set of dpns to make a hat for one of my most frequent students. I don't like the way it looks so I'll be starting that over once I get another circular. I finished a couple of other things and have started some more that I may or may not get finished in time. Or maybe I won't need them once I make a definitive list. Some people will get a package with just the yarn and a promissory note.

No comments: