Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Part of what I got in the white elephant exchange last night. Three skeins of Manos del Uruguay, about 400 yards total. It's a beautiful yarn and I'm probably going to make a scarf, once I get over all the scarves I've done for gifts.

The other part of my haul. A hank of Schaeffer Helene, a 50/50 wool/silk blend. Another candidate for a scarf since there's only 218 yards. Or maybe some wrist warmers.

It was a fantastic party. Lots of really delicious, interesting food and free-flowing wine. Who knew knitters could be so wild and silly! There were actually three different yarn exchanges. One person destashing two times. So those weren't technically yarn exchanges. We drew numbers for our turn at picking what we wanted from the wide assortment. I didn't participate in those since I really, really don't need any more yarn. I took a couple of hanks of Colinette Isis for the white elephant exchange that were much admired and lusted after. I think the person who won them was very pleased.

It's finally turned cold enough here for people to think seriously about Christmas. It was 36F when I went out for my morning walk. That may not be cold where you live but it is here. It's a bit warmer now and I'm trekking back and forth to the laundry room. Gotta take care of the mundane. When that's done I have nothing specific to do the rest of the day. I think I'll check out my recipe file and decide which cakes and breads I want to do for Christmas morning. And try to finish one more scarf.

No comments: