Wednesday, December 27, 2006


A happy group! Here's everyone that was at our Thursday night knitting group party. There are two people in the photo who were not in the original shot. Ain't technology grand! Thanks, Judy, for sending the pix.

Today won't be such a fun day for Patrick. He's going to see the vet for his annual booster shots. I dread it. It's not the vet part. It's the ride in the car. He really doesn't like it and wails and cries the whole way there and back. No matter how much I talk to him and reassure him that everything is going to be all right and that this is just temporary he continues to whimper and sob about how terrible it is to have to ride in the car. He's okay with the vet though. Doesn't seem to mind how much she pokes and prods him. I will probably get a lecture on how important it is that I brush his teeth on a regular basis. Patrick doesn't like having his teeth brushed. Even more than when I brush the back of his legs. So I don't do it as often as I should.

I pulled out an old project last night and worked on it for a couple of hours. Once I figured out where I left off it was easy. I'm almost done with the second sleeve. I have to redo the cap shaping on the first one though. It doesn't fit the armhole. Sweater Wizard really let me down on this one. But there's a pattern in Ann Budd's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns that's almost identical to what I need so I'll just use that, plus a bit of fudging if necessary. It's raining today and I don't have anything scheduled other than the vet visit so I might even finish both sleeves and get them sewn in.

Or I might just rearrange the furniture.

No comments: