Thursday, December 14, 2006

As it turned out, yesterday's errands didn't take all that long. Traffic wasn't as bad as I expected and I didn't even have to wait in any lines to make my purchases or to pick up the package. So I was out and back in just over and hour. I still have a couple of items to go but those I can get at work.

I worked on some wrist warmers yesterday until I realized there was a problem with the pattern. At least I had a problem. I've written the designer and am waiting to hear back. So I found a different pattern on line. It too had some major errors. Typos mostly. And I changed a couple of things. I made SSKs where the pattern called for SKPs and made an SSSK where the pattern called for SK2P. I almost never use the SKP anymore and wonder why anyone would. But that's just me. And I used a one row buttonhole instead of binding off on one row and casting on on the next row. I think it's neater and firmer.

So I just finished the first of the wrist warmers and am getting ready to cast on for the second one. I think I'll take the time to chart the pattern as it will be easier than reading text and I'll have it in case I want to make another pair sometime.

No comments: