Thursday, November 21, 2002

Vogue Knitting, Knitters Magazine, Interweave Knits. What do they have in common, other than the knitting, of course? My guess would be: everyone hates them. Such a flap of agitation has been going on of late just from these three publications. Read the knitting blogs; read the KnitU list. I was a little put off by all of them myself. But I don't usually buy magazines just to make whatever is in them. I like to study the techniques and stitch patterns. I'm not renewing my subscription to any of these publications but not because of perceived lack of content. (I may keep Vogue just because my collection goes back almost to the beginning of its current incarnation and I'd like to see that continue. Kind of silly nostalgia thing, especially since it's not even owned by the same people anymore.) Mostly I'm not renewing because I don't really need any more magazines. I can read the new issues when they come in to Skein and buy the ones that have something in them that I want. And also, I don't have any more room to store them.

Not much progress on anything I'm knitting. I finished the ribbing on my Nordic hat while I read the blogs this morning and have started the design area. I miscalculated the number of stitches so had to adjust that on the first row. Looks okay to me. Think I'll go do a few rows now.

No comments: