Saturday, November 16, 2002

Tonight was LA Chamber Orchestra Night. The soloist was Alicia Weilerstein in Schumann's Cello Concerto in A minor. Fantastic! And an encore of J.S. Bach's Prelude in D (I think). Before the concert I met my friend Ron for dinner at El Morfi, an Argentenian restaurant in Glendale. The menu is mostly Italian but with a twist. The lasagna had a little cinnamon in it. Very nice.

So, about knitting. I finally settled on Gedifra Carioca and Live for a scarf for my sister. The Carioca is really funky, lots of short "tails" protruding from a crinkled center twist yarn. I'm using the multiple blue colorway. I added the Live just to give the fabric a little substance. Using a size 17 and a K1, P1 pattern. So far I like it but will need to buy another skein of each in order to make it long enough to be fashionable. Worked on it at Skein today and sold four skeins to one customer who was so impressed with how it looks.

It's was a little quiet today, especially for a Saturday. Guess everyone went to the beach! It was near 90 today. Not the best time to sell yarn.

No comments: