Wednesday, November 06, 2002

A beautiful day outside. Lots of sunshine for a change. Who would believe it's supposed to rain tomorrow? Since I got this info from my MSN weather page it's probably wrong. That's what happened last week anyway.

I went back to Elegance yesterday to see what Ashley has in mind for knitting classes. I don't have a clear picture of what she's planning, and frankly, I don't think she does either. So whether or not that happens is still to be determined. She's made some progress in getting the shop organized but still has a lot of work to do. Her two previous shops have been very nice. She uses nice, comfortable chairs and some sorta chunky furniture. Lots of books and yarn just spread around everywhere. It feels like being in an interior designer's showroom. The building she's in is from the 1920s and is supposedly an historical site. Green Street is an older section of Pasadena. I really like the ambience of the area. (On the rare occasions that I actually get out for a walk, it's one of the places I like to go.) Parking is a bit of a problem but committed knitters can deal with that.

I'm studiously avoiding doing any of the household chores I told myself I would do today. Have spent the last four hours reading blogs, answering email and drinking coffee. I see that nothing has been taken care of so I guess I'm going to have to go do it myself. Working on a mindless hat as I read. I decided not to include any Fairisle patterning because I'm using a tweed yarn and I don't have anything that really works with it. I'm getting a callus on my right hand forefinger from using it to push the left hand needle back when I slide the stitch off. I think this is a good thing since this particular circular is very sharp.

No comments: