Monday, November 11, 2002

No response from Blogger to my email request for assistance with my FTP connection. From what I've read this is standard procedure for Blogger. So I'm trying some other options. I think I can use MSN but I'm not sure yet.

Like many of you I am unable to write about some of my current knitting projects. But I have finished a couple of items. I'm still on a hat kick. Finished one last night and am about half way through another one. I'm making a watch cap for myself. I'm using some left over yarn from a sweater I knit about 15 years ago.

Going through my stash of odds and ends I found a bag with two skeins of Berroco Celeste. I think I'm going to use this to make a scarf for my sister. I'm driving to Arizona next week for Thanksgiving so I can take it with me. I need to go to Trader Joe's and see if they have a good deal on wine. TJs in Arizona don't have a very good selection and something about the tax structure there makes it cost a lot more. So I guess I'll try to find some Shiraz for the brother-in-law. They don't even have a computer so I'm going to have some serious withdrawal next week.

My friend Carole came over today and we went to Sonnie's, an eclectic boutique in South Pasadena. Hadn't been is several years. They used to carry mostly "ethnic" clothing but they've switched and have become more main stream but with a tinge of exotic. They had some interesting knitted scarves. Basically long, loosely knitted tubes in some fuzzy yarn. The ends sort of flare out. A customer on Saturday had one that she bought at Nordstroms for ten bucks. These were around forty eight. I think it will cost more like sixty to buy the yarn to make one myself. So guess I won't be doing that, unless Ann Mary supplies the yarn.

Well, I'm going to go cast on another holiday gift. After I have some of the chocolate Ann Mary's sister brought me from Milan.

No comments: