Saturday, October 12, 2002

Today I taught two new knitters. Monica and Cynthia. Very different results for each. I wonder why some people have so much trouble getting it and others just pick it up like they were born for it. Monica finally got the knit stitch; Cynthia knits, purls, casts on and off. All in the same time frame. I hope they'll be back tomorrow.

Yesterday I was given a copy of "Zen and the Art of Knitting". I haven't read it yet. Today another customer gave me a copy of "Patterns for Guernseys, Jerseys and Arans, Fisherman Sweaters from the British Isles".
The Guernsey book is terrific if you're looking for stitch patterns. Some of the sweaters are pretty dated but look like they'd be pretty easy to update. And they're mostly turtleneck. Not exactly what we need here in Pasadena. But I'm very pleased to have both of these books. I also brought home the yarn to make an evening bag. Two colors of Vision from Trendsetter. So I'm going to try to do that tonight. Another shop sample.

No comments: