Tuesday, October 08, 2002

Back from Idaho where I attended the memorial for my nephew. Thanks to all of you who sent messages of condolence and comfort. I did get to spend a lot of time with my brother which was a help to both of us. And I got to spend a lot of time with my niece and her husband and two sons. I had never thought about being a great-uncle. But it was a lot of fun playing with the kids and watching my brother be a grandfather.

I taught my niece to knit. She saw me working on the shawl I took with me and started asking questions. I swear, it took less than five minutes and she had it! So we had a great time talking about sites for free patterns and what kind of things to start with, and where's the best place to buy when you're on a tight budget.

Idaho was beautiful. Lots of trees changing color and amazingly blue skies. We even got to walk in the rain.

I've just spent four hours getting caught up on my blog reading. And about three hours to catch up with my email. Went to Skein for the afternoon and worked with some drop in students. Not much knitting on my part, just a few more rows on the shawl. I'm going again tomorrow. It's good to be back in my own place and doing my own stuff.

.

No comments: