Wednesday, July 03, 2002

Still working on the Skein sample. I'm not sure this yarn was a good choice for a top. The pattern calls for Sprite, a Berroco yarn, in DK weight and is worked on size 10 needles. So it's supposed to be loose and lacy. I'm using a yarn that's a little heavier than the Sprite and working on size 9 needles. It looks really flimsy to me. I hope when it's blocked and finished it will look a little more substantial. It's gonna be very sexy.

I started the front of the orange Sugar'n Cream top I'm making for Lisa. This is almost mindless compared to the black sweater, even though it's a lace pattern. The yarn is more substantial so the pattern shows up really well. I'll work some more on this tonight. I'm really trying not to start something else until I get these two projects done. I have some Rowan Summer Tweed that I got from Ivete that is really calling me. I think I'm going to make the Georgia pattern from the Rowan book.

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful holiday weekend here. The temperatures should be in the mid to high 80s. Seems like it's less humid today. I really feel bad for the people in Texas with all the flooding and those on the East Coast in the terrible heat. And all the fires in the West. What is going on?

No comments: