Thursday, July 25, 2002

I know better than this but I did it anyway. Now I'm hitting myself over the head with a big stick. I worked the gauge for the yellow shell using straight needles but I'm actually working the lower part of the sweater in the round. So my row gauge, instead of being 6 to the inch, is 7 to the inch. So that means I'll be using more yarn and I'm not sure if I'll have enough. When I get to armholes I will be working back and forth so maybe the gauge will return to the original and I'll be okay. On the upside, I really like the way the lace pattern is showing up. The yarn is really soft and I haven't had any more knots hidden in the skein.

Started another roll brim hat last night while I watched the News Hour. I'm using Alpaka from Lion Brand. I only have one skein. I was given it by the Lion Brand people at TNNA a few years ago. I usually work on the big scarf while I watch the news but it's been too hot to have a bunch of wool sitting on me. It doesn't usually bother me to work with wool in the summertime but yeasterday it was just too much. So I started this hat. I have a large box full of odds and ends of leftover yarns that I plan to use just for hats. Lisa doesn't wear hats very often so I don't really have anything to do with them. I'm not good at giving yarns away so I have to find something to do with these.

I'm mostly over my cold which is a good thing. Tonight is my bowling league and it's not good to have an unexpectedly runny nose when you're bowling.

No comments: