Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Serendipity! Yesterday I bought some discontinued yarn at Temple City Knit Shop. I think the company has also been discontinued. Anyway, it's Andorra from Wm Unger. Nothing on the label about yardage or gauge. I was trying to figure out how much I had. Meanwhile, I was having an email discussion about an old sweater pattern in Vogue Fall 1984 called Condo knitting. I went to check the original pattern (that is my oldest Vogue Knitting magazine). The pattern used the very yarn I purchased. I am so pleased. Now I just have to figure out what to do with only 395 yards.

Temple City Knit Shop is a very old place. Been there for decades, literally. Some of the yarns are really old but are still in their original plastic bags, in most cases. The store is not very well lit and the yarns seem to be just sorta put on the shelves without any thought to how they relate. Lots of people I know have complained about the shop and its owner. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Next time I go I plan to spend a lot more time there, scrounging through the dust.

It's too hot here to do anything strenuous so I'm just idly working on some cotton yarn. And sitting directly in front of the fan.

No comments: