Wednesday, July 24, 2002

It's quite warm here in Pasadena, not unbearable, but not pleasant. There's a breeze but it's mostly hot air. And I woke up today with a cold. Where do these things come from? I don't feel particularly bad but I sure have gone through a lot of Kleenex. I didn't go to my Tuesday night knitting group because I didn't want anyone to be exposed.

I spent most of today working on a new sweater the I designed. I'm using Gedifra Wellness in a really mellow yellow. I'm working this one in the round up to the armholes and then will work back and forth. I'm putting a lace insert in the center front. The pattern is called Wings of the Swan and is from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns. I'm a little ticked at the yarn though. There were three knots in the first skein. I hope this doesn't happen through all the rest of them.

On Sunday the sales rep for Plymouth Yarns came into Skein to show us their new line of sock yarns. They're similar to all the other printed yarns like Opal and Regia. I thought the colors were a little muddy. She also showed us some of their new novelty yarns. These I like! I don't think they're up on their web page as yet. Bam! is a sorta shaggy thick yarn that comes in multi-colors. Mosaica is also multi but is more of a well behaved boucle. I bought two bags of a merino/acrylic blend yarn. I don't remember the name of it offhand and I left it at the shop. It's a French blue with streaks of red and other colors. It knits up a little like a tweed. There is a nice range of colors in this yarn, from very light to dark. Anyway, this yarn is for me.

No comments: