Thursday, June 27, 2002

On Tuesday we went to Knitroplis, a small shop in Long Beach. It's in an old bungalow duplex that has been converted to shops. This place is really cute. I'd like to spend some more time there. It's a little hard to see everything at first but the more you look the more you find. Really nice stuff. However, I only bought a couple of skeins of Cotton Classic.

We also went back to Forget Me Knot. This was my third time there. I was able to get the additional skein of Cotton Fleece handpaint. The shelves didn't have it so they thought they were out. I found one as I was checking out, mixed in a display near the register. I also got some more Cotton Classic here. I'm building a collection so I can make some of the Ann Norling fruit caps. And I love this yarn to work with. They also had a sale on Gedifra Wellness. So I got six skeins of that in a very nice buttery yellow. And a size 9, 32" Addi Turbo for my new project for Skein.

Our final stop was back to Alamitos Bay Yarn Company. This was also my third time there. Didn't buy anything but really enjoyed seeing Ginger, one of the owners, and finally meeting Cindy, the other owner. The shop was very busy. They have a knitting cruise every Tuesday and all the knitters had just returned from a morning on the water.

Almost done with the back of the Rebecca top. I'm having to take it a little slow because I've started to have some wrist pain. Took yesterday off and it seems to have helped.

No comments: