Wednesday, June 05, 2002

I went to Skein yesterday to meet with a new customer to help her with finishing her current project and starting a new one. I was not supposed to be there on Tuesday but she really wanted to come in so I agreed. You got it, she didn't show. She finally called late in the afternoon to say she wasn't going to be in. Irritating at best. But while I was there I finished the lavender top that I've been working on for about three weeks. It's really cute and I like the color but I still think it's going to be too small for my daughter. It's cotton so it will probably stretch. I hope so.

I'm trying to create a pattern and graph for another customer. She wants to make an argyle pattern for her grandson. Is argyle coming back? I've seen several scarves and sweaters recently so maybe it is. I haven't worked with bobbins for a long time but I guess I'd better track mine down and get ready. Anyway, when Ann Mary took the specs for this lady she didn't include the row gauge or the needle size. Sweater Wizard won't work without those. Plus the lady has already knit half of the back. She told Ann Mary that her grandson wore a large. What size is that? It turns out that he's really a medium, based on his chest measurement and has pretty short arms. When I get the rest of the information I'll do the schematic and then chart out the arglye pattern but now I'm running out of time. It's just knitting. Why does it get so complicated?

I have three skeins of Noro Kureyon in a turquoise, brown, lavender and lime green color way. It's just the right amount to make one of the scarves in the latest Vogue Knitting, the men's issue, #34. Pretty mindless but not totally. Easy enough for relaxing or watching tonight's first NBA finals. Go Lakers!

No comments: