Faithful readers may recall that I said I was going to knit both sleeves of my cabled brown sweater at once. That was supposed to help motivate me to get it done.
I only have two size 8US/5mm circular needles. The Addi turbo is 60 inches long. The other needle is a 29 inch Clover bamboo. I do not like circular bamboo needles and will avoid them at almost any cost. So I started with the Addi. Everything was fine except for all that extra length. It really made switching sides a hassle. So I gave that up and switched to the Clover bamboo. And that was working fairly well.
Yesterday morning I noticed that the stitches being placed on the right hand needle were suddenly moving a lot more easily. I looked down and discovered that the cable had separated from the needle leaving about half a row of unsecured stitches.
Fortunately the wool yarn has a lot of nap so the stitches held really well and I was able to slip them onto a straight needle. So I'm about half way through one sleeve while the other one awaits its turn. So much for my plan. Plus I really prefer working one sleeve at a time even if it does mean making the same thing twice.