Wednesday, September 05, 2007

3NBO

I didn't get quite as far yesterday as I had planned. I just finished binding the shoulders together this morning and have started looking for the right size needles to cast on for the sleeves.

I love to teach the three needle bind off. Especially when it's to someone who has been knitting for years and has never seen it. And if it includes short row shaping it's even more fun. The first time I did it I thought I had invented it myself. I'd never heard of it but it just seemed so logical that I tried it. I was pretty downcast when I found out the next day that it was a standard technique.

Seems like we might be through the heat wave that has been plaguing us for the past week or so. I even turned off the a/c last night and opened some windows. But it's back on now since it's still going to be warm and it's humid.

Today is my last half day at A Stitch in Time. The other knitting instructor has finished her temporary job as a race track teller and will be back tomorrow. It's been easy enough to work those extra couple of days a week but I think I prefer only going in for a whole day a couple of times a week.

I am going to be spending a few days at Skein, my former shop. That's not until the 18th and it's only for five days. That should do it for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is MAGIC, isn't it? to see the light go on and have the student say WOW, I DID it! How COOL is that?
Love the 3NBO.
xoxox
Greta