Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Why am I not surprised? Part Two

After last Saturday's a/c debacle I got a comment from my friend Thom. All he said was "Why am I not surprised?" Well, it's happened again. This time the a/c guy didn't show at all. I did call him about an hour after he promised to be here. He was unexpectedly late at his regular job. But he said it would only be another hour and he would call me when he was on his way. That was four hours ago and I haven't heard anything. It's after 8PM so I'm guessing he's not going to show.

Fortunately it's supposed to be cooling off here starting tomorrow by several degrees. At least that's what the weatherman says. And we all know how reliable they are.

So I've spent today waiting and fretting. And I've been working on the Swan Lake shawl, formerly known as MS3. I have about thirty rows to go. But they're long rows so I doubt if I'll finish tonight. It's not good to promise something and then not do it.

The a/c guy just called. He will be here on Saturday. At least that's what he said.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

oh man! You could have come to knitting group @ UR! We had a good time.

Mauren Mureaux said...

what is with unreliable A/C repairmen? We have friend in Indiana who have been waiting weeks for their's to show up...and they even paid them some of the money up front.