Monday, June 11, 2007

One of these socks isn't like the other, somewhat

I really meant to make them a lot different but it didn't work out that way. But they're done and it only took a week for the first time in a long time. I've cast on for another pair but they're much more complicated and have lots of K2tog on size 1US needles so they're not going to moved so quickly.

Yesterday the Hissy Knits shuttle picked me up at around one o'clock so I could go visit them in their new location. L and H came along. The new shop is in a big red barn right in the middle of a residential area. Annie, the shop owner, also runs a day care which is right next to the big red barn. The shop is a lot easier to find than the Google map suggests.

I don't know if the barn ever funtioned as a real barn or if it was just built as a recreation space. The yarn shop is on the second floor and you have to climb some stairs. No wheel chair access that I could see. The shop is full of Noro and most of the other lines that are distributed by Knitting Fever, same as her old space. The lighting leaves a lot to be desired but there are windows if you need to see the colors better.

I helped reduce her inventory to the tune of a couple of bags of Silk Garden. I'm beginning to think I have a genuine addiction problem. The light isn't very good this morning so I'll wait to show you the yarn.

There's a sock yarn event at Unraveled tomorrow. I plan to be there as soon as the doors open. I need some more Jitterbug and a little Koigu would help.

2 comments:

lexa said...

Sounds kinda neat to have a yarn shop in a barn! Wish I was going to the sock yarn event. Can't wait to see what you get! (Plus the silk garden, too.)

Fay Lynn said...

Wow, you guys went right past my house and didn't pick me up?? I guess I am the richer for it.
Good job on the socks. Those were done in record time.