Sunday, June 24, 2007

Going off in another direction

I got this book yesterday while I was at Unraveled. There was a 10% off sale going on and I had been hankering for this book ever since I saw it last week. One of our regular Stitch in Time customers brought it in to show me. I could probably have saved a bit more on one of the on-line book sites but then I'd have to wait. And besides I'm trying not to buy any yarn right now but no one said anything about books.

I have done much with the modular knitting concept unless you count all those multi-directional scarves. Now that I think of it, doing the gusset on a sock is just another variation on modular knitting. There are some things in this book I'd like to made, mostly just so I could say I had done it. And if I can do this without having to weave in a bunch of ends it will be even better.

So I'm spending today playing around with some of the techniques. (Unless someone wants to go shopping of course.)

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Hello!
I found your blog because I was looking for San Gabriel Valley knitters :) Just thought that I'd stop in and say 'howdy!'