Monday, October 02, 2006

The new big project, the Trilogy jacket, has not been started. I've been concentrating on getting this little red sweater done for Dulaan 2007. And then I started another one; and then a scarf. But I'll get there.

Today, though, I'm off to Velona's again. I can go to Velona's on the slightest of provocations. It's not that I really need anything but it's so reassuring to go to Velona's. You know there will always be enough yarn for everyone. I do think I'll see if they have any more of the Kureyon Cotton. I found some in my stash last night. I don't know when, where or how I got it. But I could use another skein. And maybe some Sirdar Country Style in an old colorway. Velona's is that kind of place. Maybe they won't always have what you want but the odds are better than most places. And Rose always makes an extra effort to find what you want.

Anyway. I'm going to Velona's with my friend Lulu. She's never been before. They have a yarn that she's been looking for, an old Anny Blatt something or other. So we'll pick that up and see what else we can find.

I really, really need to get my stash organized. I started to clean a bit in the yarn storage room yesterday but it was so overwhelming that I just left the vacuum cleaner where it was and went off to knit and take a nap. On the other hand, it's always such a surprise to find stuff that I've long since forgotten. Like the Kureyon Cotton. And some Manos del Uruaguay that I don't know about.

No comments: