Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Here's the current permutation of the Cotton Kureyon scarf. The one I was making originally was just too deconstructed looking for my tastes. This one is only better to the extent that at least it's not awkward.

Part of the problem may just be the yarn itself. It's pretty flashy. At least for my current color preferences. I like a lot more subtlety. This scarf is just one in a series of knitting disasters. I haven't been able to start anything that doesn't turn to trash in my hands. I ripped a pair of socks yesterday for the third or fourth time. Nothing seems to be working right now.

Do you ever have anything like this happen? There seems to be some sort of disjoin between what I want to do and what I can do. So I'm sticking with simple stuff for a while. I started a new pair of socks yesterday. Just plain socks but using some Cherry Tree Hill Supersock yarn in the Cabin Fever colorway. So far, so good.

No comments: