Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Little Jack Horner

wouldn't be happy. The westher is causing me some problems. Yesterday the high was only 58°F and it rained a bit just to make things worse. I think it's the weather although it could just be that my arthritis has racheted up a bit. My left thumb is really hurting this morning. Right in the joint where the thumb meets the hand. I can bend it but at a price. I worked on some socks yesterday and had to do my best to keep my thumb straight. Given my technique that was hard to do. I should probably take a couple of days off but that's not likely to happen. After all, that's why they invented ibuprophen. Not going to be pulling out any plums for a while.

I know I'm behind the curve on this but I just listened to my first podcast. That's not strictly true. I did listen to parts of one that a friend had on her i-pod. I don't have an i-pod so I listened on my computer. I could probably get hooked on this. (How do you write that anyway? ipod, iPod, i-pod?)I read wabi-sabi every day. She has a series of podcasts called Purl Diving. You can link from her blog. I love her laugh.

I've been trying to teach my cat to speak English. I have to admit though that there hasn't been much progress. Sometimes he will say mmm-keh which I think means okay. That's usually right after I've told him to wait a minute. His only other word is more of a whine than a word. That's also usually after I've told him to wait a minute. Other than that it's pretty much body language. And the constant meowing he's doing this morning isn't making any sense at all. I gave him some treats but that didn't seem to be what he wanted. I brushed him some but that wasn't it. He doesn't want to play string. It will be lots easier when he learns a few more words.

2 comments:

mary said...

I'm way behind you on the podcast curve. When your cat learns to say "meow mix", you should record it and put it on the internet, so I can finally have a reason to get an ipod (sp!).

Anonymous said...

Larry, I blush thinking about you listening to me laugh (laughs).

When I was a kid, my family always told me I laughed too loud. Go figure, eh?