Saturday, September 14, 2002

When I arrived at Skein yesterday there was already a line of people waiting for me. For about two hours I was so swamped that I can't even remember who I worked with or what their problems were. Meanwhile, Jim, the rep from Trendsetter, came back to show the other yarns that he handles. Lana Borgosesia, which is now part of Trendsetter, has one of my favorite yarns, Maratona. He also handles Garnstudio yarns. I've been looking for someone who sells this yarn as I want to make this sweater.
I first saw it at Mama Kate's.
And then Theresa translated it for us. Kate has already started hers and has even changed the pattern for a different gauge on a different yarn. I want to use the exact yarn called for but didn't know where to find it. Now I can order it through Ann Mary or I can go to Alamitos Bay Yarn Company and get it there.

Lisa came over in the evening. I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks so I was really happy to see her. We went to Fuji for dinner. She had sushi and I had the generic, Americanized Japanese dinner special. She couldn't stay late because the LA County Fair is open and she had to be there early to help with the crowds. But it was still a very good time.

Today at Skein it was very quiet for most of the day. Ann Mary's husband was involved in a car accident when he went out to buy our lunch. He wasn't hurt but his car had to be towed to a repair shop. So I drove him home so he could get their other car. I finished the pumpkin hat and started a new wrap for a shop sample.

No comments: