Thursday, September 12, 2002

Not a whole lot to report in my knitting life. I'm just about finished with the Turino silk pullover. Need to set in the sleeves and work the neckband. I decided I need to make some small projects for a while so I'm making a pumpkin hat. I'm also going to make a leaf for it.

Here's a sample card for Hannah Silk that I found on the
La Lana Wools site. Hannah Silk doesn't appear to have a web page, at least I couldn't find it. Anyway. The rep for Trendsetter and Classic Elite came to Skein yesterday and showed us some of their new yarns. He also reps Hannah Silk. He had a big case full of knitted samples. Pretty awesome stuff. It gets even more awesome when you see the suggested retail. If you ever get a chance to see it, just enjoy. Also, if you've never been to Taos, NM, the trip to La Lana Wools is worth the price.

The Rowan Big Print handbag came out well. It looks very cute hanging next to the new display cases that Ann Mary got her husband to assemble and install over the weekend. I bought a skein of Opal and some needles. I'm going to try socks for the first time.

I ended up spending most of the day at Skein yesterday. I just couldn't handle being alone. The day was too sad. Ann Mary is very objective and her calmness and reassurance really helped.

No comments: