Saturday, January 01, 2011

1/1/11



It's only day one and I'm already behind. I had planned to finish this Boneyard shawl last night. But I was tired and sleepy and I could tell that there weren't enough hours left in 2010 to get it done. I was sound asleep shortly before midnight.



Those are some really washed out photos. I used six skeins of Noro Silk Garden Lite in color 2049. I started with five but had to get one more so I could put the wide border that the pattern stipulates.

I haven't woven the end or blocked the shawl as yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I fixed myself a "good luck" dinner today. Black eyed peas, ham, sweet potatoes and corn bread. I don't know if it's working yet. The first piece of cornbread fell on the floor and went everywhere. The second piece and all else was good.

I've been browsing my books and Ravelry. I have lots of ideas for projects for the coming year. Now I need to quit looking and make some decisions.

2 comments:

lexa said...

Happy New Year!

Christine said...

Happy New Year! Oh, and since your "Good Luck" dinner was so very Southern, I have to tell you that an important member of that dinner was left out. You needed to eat some greens with that! Mustard greens, kale, even spinach in a pinch. The greens are for financial luck ~ green is, after all, the color of money.