Monday, January 17, 2011
It's what I've been doing for the past couple of weeks. I started this top down cardigan at the beginning of November and then put it aside so I could get my holiday knitting done. I picked it up again at the beginning of January and got as far as the underarms. It's been on hold for a couple of weeks pending my daughter trying it on for size and fit. And that happened last night. Looks like it's going to be fine.
And this is a shawl I'm making as part of a knit-a-long with the Westknits Ravelry group.
What these two things have in common is the increases, M1L and M1R. I'm getting pretty good at it. The shawl is almost done, a couple of inches to go. The cardigan not so much. The sleeves and body are just beginning.
I really need to think about getting a better camera. These colors are just a hint of what they really are. I tried shooting them this morning in natural light and it was worse. I'm thinking about building a light box but I don't know where I'd store it.