Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rain!

The sun was out for a few seconds a little while ago. Now it's back to the gloomy overcast. I was at the Honda dealer earlier today and was watching TV while I waited for my car. The weather people were all agog with this unexpected weather. Looks like we're going to have rain for the next few days. Nothing spectacular but still, since this was supposed to be a very dry winter, it's a good thing.

People say this is good knitting weather. I'm not so sure. I've had to rip and redo the gusset on my plain vanilla sock three times. And then when I was ready to work on it yesterday at Tuesday morning knitting I discovered I had left one of my needles at home. So I worked on a hat that I'm making from the Rio de la Plata yarn I got on Sunday. I hope to finish the sock and the hat today. But since it's already noontime I may not.

I have some errands to do but I'd really like to take a nap. The cat woke me at a little after three this morning. He was sick. I think he has a reaction to his anti-flea ointment. I have to put it on his once a month. It takes a couple of days before he's feeling good again. I did go back to bed after I cleaned the floor. Fortunately it was on the tile, not the carpet. But he woke me up again an hour or so later. So, yes, I'd really like to take a nap. Maybe after I get back from Trader Joe's.

1 comment:

lexa said...

We had terrible wind and rain here the other night, but now it's cold again. There are a lot of roads closed due to high waters and flooding. It was cloudy around suppertime with flurries. Now it has cleared off which is good. The Oldest One is looking forward to the lunar eclipse that is supposed to start around 9:45 our time. (I'll let him stay up later to see it. They say it won't happen again til 2010.)