Friday, February 15, 2008

One of the Kewl Kids



I could hardly wait for the sun to come up this morning. I knew this yarn was going to be beautiful but I couldn't see all that well in the dim light of Paco's Mexican Restaurant. (That's where my friend the other Lisa took me for dinner last night.) It's absolutely gorgeous. I know what I'm going to make with it but that'll come later. I feel like such a kewl kid having my very own Hand Maiden Sea Silk.



And that wasn't all. I dug down through the layers of tissue and found this Socks That Rock medium weight sock yarn. Bella Coola. All I can see is swimming pools and ocean beaches. Or maybe shady pine tree glens and clear skies and deep water mountain lakes.



I can't get a decent picture of this Yarn Place Graceful. There's 2400 yards of frog hair weight. Sometimes it looks jade, sometimes teal and there's some dark beige mixed in that I can't quite capture. I've been instructed as to what I'm supposed to make with it but I haven't found a pattern yet.

I think I need to go away for a couple of months to some place where there is no internet, no yarn shops and maybe no Mexican restaurants and try to get some of this knit up. I love it all. It's been an incredible birthday week, or two weeks really, and there's still some to come but that won't be for a while. I thank you all for the good wishes, the incredible gifts and for stopping by my blog. It's just so kewl!



p.s. I forgot to mention the new Berroco sock pattern book. Have you seen it yet? I need to make the Cork sock right now! Just as soon as I find a shop that has the Berroco sock yarn. And then maybe the tabby socks, Aberdeen or Newcastle.

Lisa, you've really outdone yourself. Thanks so much for your friendship and all the things you do to brighten my life. And Hannah too!

6 comments:

lexa said...

Love the new yarns! What awesome colors. The little "cake" is too cute!

mehitabel said...

Wow! Love that STR colorway, and the Sea Silk is just too gorgeous! I love the stuff but it's a dickens to wrangle when you're working with it--or maybe it's just me. Knitting on planes, trains, and automobiles--not to mention 6th grade basketball games--has led me to some major catastrophes with my SS project, but so far they've all been fixable. Probably I should just follow you to that desert island, huh? I'll take the palm tree on the far side of the beach...

unraveledgal said...

What wonderful gifts! She knows you well...and has covered all of the bases. Kudos, Lisa.

unraveledgal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bess said...

I want to come play in your stash - it really is the most interesting of any I've ever seen!

Christine said...

Larry,

Gorgeous yarns, and wonderful gifts. Looks like your birthday was a winner. Sorry I missed the day, but Happy Birthday!